Thursday, December 11, 2014

Birthday Thoughts

Today is my 57th birthday.  There were times right after my stroke that reaching this day was very optimistic.  Early on people had no idea what would happen and even if I would walk again.  Well I am one of those people that has been graced with many blessings in my life including a fabulous life partner who is both beautiful and incredibly patient.  My first thought post stroke was of Kathy and what she would think.  I'm sure that having me in the hospital for 3 months was not what she had bought into.

Kathy has been my partner, my confidant and my motivation.  She inspires me to be a better person and has been by my side through everything important that has happened to me.  One of my strongest memories during my recovery was her asking me not to give up.  How could I possibly after that. Today I thank god for having her in my life and I wish for all of you to be as blessed as I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment