Monday, April 7, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

Well we finally had a sufficient weather window to get out on the trike yesterday.    I definitely am a fair weather rider.  I have finished many rides in the rain but I just don't seem to have the dedication to voluntarily start one in the rain.  We've had a lot of rain and cold weather - a typical Vancouver winter - and I'm glad to get an opportunity to ride.

I remember now why I love riding my trike so much.  It is the closest I come to being able to train the way I used to before my stroke.  Its hard to get a good cardio workout when you can't physically move fast enough to get your hear rate up.  I can when I'm on my trike.  I haven't set a goal yet for this year but I need to give myself some kind of a target to work towards.  I have a lot of hibernation effects to work off.

Raining again today so it looks like I/m off to the pool.  What will you remember about your accomplishments today?

No comments:

Post a Comment