Saturday, March 28, 2015

Some things I can't do anymore

Early this week, my staff from work went on a team building trip to the Whistler Sliding Centre for an introductory bobsleigh pilot course.  Of course I left apprehensive but excited.  I wasn't sure how I would be able to steer but I thought I would figure something out.  Well unfortunately they wouldn't let me participate as either a pilot or a brakemen because of the poor mobility in my hand.  I guess what hit me hardest was having someone else tell me my body wasn't good enough.  There are many things that I have decided I can no longer do but this is the first time I think since my stroke that someone else has told me I am handicapped.  I've tried hard not to think of myself that way.

I think what I need to do for me is to work harder at what I CAN do.

No comments:

Post a Comment