Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Next Step in Life's Journey

Well it has been an interesting finish to the year. I have been ready to go back to work for a few months now, but have been unable to find full time work in my selected field. It has been a struggle but I have kept active in volunteering for various organizations. On Friday I got the call I had been waiting for offering me a job. In January i will be the Executive Director for the Stroke Recovery Association of BC. I didn't actually go looking for this position because it is somewhat out of my comfort zone. However, I have long felt I need to use my recovery as an example to others. There are many people who need to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Rather than a dark hole they are sliding into. I have been granted an incredible opportunity to influence not only people's outlook on rehabilitation but also program delivery in the province. This is an exciting time in the province with stroke care and I am looking forward to helping improve the opportunities for stroke survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment